From:
Philippa Greenwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:38:54 +0100
In a book on the life of Pablo Casals by Joseph Kahn (I think this is the
author) he quoted from his interviews with Casals that he (Casals) would
begin each day by playing 2 Preludes & Fugues by JS Bach on the piano.

I have grown to love the Well-Tempered Clavier over the years and whilst I
have not actually started my days in such a manner I have attempted to find
suitable substitutes.

Some ideas are:
Prelude in G major (bk 1) JS Bach
Allemande from French Suite IV  JS Bach

The Four Seasons - A.Vivaldi
The Moldau - Smetena
Surprise Symphony - FJ Haydn
Bee's Wedding (Song without Words no:34) - F Mendlessohn
Arrival of the Queen of Sheba - GF Handel

to name a few. Any other ideas???

Philippa Greenwood