From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:07:19 -0400
In today's New York Times, I find what to me, at least, is a new operatic
cliche:  "The tenor has died.  Bring down the curtain." This was uttered by
Senator Leahy of Vermont, about the Senate impeachment trial.  "The tenor's
been stabbed," the Senator said, "and as he staggers across the stage and
continues to sing, you want to stand up and say, 'You're dead, fall down!'"

Definitely an improvement over "it's not over till the fat lady sings,"
anyway.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]