From:
Stirling S Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:04:27 -0500
I have posted a real audio file of my fourth string quartet - Quartet in D.
The files are approximately 1.5MB each and there is a link to Progressive
Networks homepage where free software to play realaudio files is available.

The files are available at:

   http://home.earthlink.net/~allegro314/audio

First Section - "Sensucht"

Translation after Hoffman

   Sensuous the touch,
   endless yearing -
   how I know it.
   Now to be the inner
   strength and
   underpinning grace -
   crowning ruined mountain as laurel clouds.
   However faint,
   though near to inner senses.

   Sensuous the touch of day,
   endless yearning - of thee -
   how I know its aura,
   now. To be the inner
   strength. Elan
   underpinning. It is I,
   crowned on ruined mountain top by God's design.
   However feint at meaning -
   Thought: near to inner senses.

Second Section -"Chronologie"

Chronologie

(Written to a young girl on Christmas by an oft absent Uncle)

   Demark the hours -
   Intrinsic, as with  wonderous mira
   Makes her amends in transit.
   Abating absence  with light in liu.
   Now donning youthful shimmer.
   Cetus swallows  as with Jonah's dread
   He plunges all  to pondering darkness melancholia
   Ended, with brightness born of silver day.

- - -

I will have to apologise to Mr. Brooks, iambic blank verse does not fit
well with music in the style of Schoenberg's *Pierrot Luniare*.

Stirling S Newberry