From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:57:01 +0100
While the symphonies by Alan Pettersson are widely discussed his oratorium
"Vox Humana" is sparcely mentioned.  There is a recording on BIS, coupled
with a work for orchestra and baritone by Hilding Rosenberg and I was about
to buy this several times, but as CPO is planning to release a recording of
that, I did not go for it, so far.  Anybody knows the BIS release, is it
worth to get or should one better wait for the CPO? How does Vox Humana
compare to the rest of Petterssons output (I can not say that his choral
sym.  no.  12 is among my favourite Pettersson syms!).

Achim Breiling