From:
"Robert M. Stumpf II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:00:08 -0500
I have not read all the postings on this thread, but I haven't noticed
anyone mentionin the Philips 2CD release of Lipatti's work.  It includes
the Grieg and Schumann PCs.  Only Lipatti has ever been able to convince
me that the Schumann is great music.  There is also a lot of solo music,
including some Brahms that is absolutely delightful.  Given the recent
release of the Kapell Edition on RCA, this is an excellent time to be able
to compare two gifted artists so tragically lost to us.

Peace,
bob stumpf