From:
Stirling S Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:45:52 -0500
Len Fehskens wrote:

>Why one would believe this model would apply to a creative individual's
>output is beyond me.  Why not a more or less constant rate of output until
>death?

Would that this were so!  First, Creativity and production are not the same
thing.  Second the relationship varies between artists.  Beethoven worked
in bursts, Mozart continuously, Schumann focused, Wagner brooded, Sans
Saens did everything at once.  At a distance we think of productive periods
as ones where we have kept the results, but often unproductive periods are
filled with work, work and more work.  Or rather effort, effort and more
effort - but not work because nothing seems to have changed...

Stirling S Newberry