From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 07:38:32 +0200
Adolf Hitler always thought himself to be a great artist, and when it
comes to his paintings this can always be discussed.  Alan Bullock, for
example, writes in his Hitler-biography that "...he [Hitler] had an artists
temperament without having any education or talent".  I have myself seen
paintings by Hitler's hand, and I thought them pretty good, but I am not
an expert.  However Alan Bullock (a.o.) mentions in his biography that
Hitler in around 1910, still without having any education, borrowed his
friend Hanisch's piano and started, inspired by Wagner, to compose a play,
"Wieland", about the blacksmith with the same name, after first having made
some musical experiments.  I cannot think much good about such a project
from someone without education, but I wonder if anyone could provide more
info on this.  I would find it very interesting to know.

Thanks in advance,

James Zehm