From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:01:56 PST
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>However, here in New Orleans - classical music backwater -...

Hey, I like New Orleans.  It's the only city in which I ever saw a live
performance of the "Messiah." That evening was a little funny.  I was there
for a work conference (those things really stink) and my wife came along.
We decided to see the Messiah that night based on a blurb in the newspaper.
I memorized the name of the facility(which I can't remember any more) and
stated to my wife that I hoped the cab ride didn't cost too much.

We left the hotel, got in the cab, and I told the driver the right name.
He nodded, moved away from hotel curb, and essentially turned to the other
side of the street and stopped.  I said, "everything okay?" He said,
"You're here." The right place was across the street from the hotel.
Steve, you must know these two buildings.

My wife, based on that episode and other subsequent "bloopers", thinks
that I'm the least observant person she knows except for my observation
of women.  That's where I hit my stride.

Back to New Orleans, I love vacationing there.  Even that "hot" weather
seems to be an integral part of the city's charm and appeal.  It was a
fine "Messiah" too.

Don Satz