From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:16:24 +0100
I made an unfortunate deletion of Ian Crisps (if my memory serves my right)
Message on the new Bis release(s) of MacMillans music, I happend on them
today and they are in fact two (thus far): BIS-CD-989 - James MacMillan:
The World's Ransoming (1996) for cor anglais and orchestra (Part I of
Triduum, an Easter triptych); Concerto for Cello and Orchestra (1996) (Part
II of Triduum).  Raphael Wallfisch, cello; Christine Pendrill, cor anglais;
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra conducted by Osmo Vanska.  BIS-CD-990 -
James MacMillan: Symphony "Vigil" (1997) (Part III of Triduum, an Easter
triptych).  Fine Arts Brass Ensemble; BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
conducted by Osmo Vanska.

And I bought them instantly much because of the previus message, and
perhaps because I already have the BMG/RCA released CD's of MacMillans
works.  After a first listen I strongly second the recomendation of these
new CD's.

Cheers
Peter Lundin, Gothenburg, Sweden..