From:
Allan Kohrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:13:50 EST
Barbara Bonney is one of the great lyric sopranos before the public today.
She especially excels in Mozart opera, in such roles as Susanna, Pamina,
and Zerlina.  In addition she is a great lieder singer.  I recommend her
disc of Mozart arias, recently released (gathered from old recordings),
her Schubert album, and her Fraulienliebe und Leben.  She can be heard
as Susanna next fall at the Met.

She compares favorable with such previous great as Stader, Jurinac, and
Novotna.  For me that is saying quite a bit.

Allan Kohrman
Newton, MA