From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 23:55:31 -0600
Donald Satz wrote:

>I had a dream that I contributed to this type of thread in the past.
>But, I enjoy sharing my opinions on recordings, so I'll list them again:

I had the same dream! Here is my list:

Chopin: Nocturnes, Rubinstein, RCA
Bach: Brandenburgs, Britten, Decca
Beethoven: Syms. 5 and 7, Kleiber, DG
Bach: Motets, Bernius, Kammerchor Stuttgart, Sony
Wagner: Parsifal, Solti, Decca
Bach: Matthew Passion, Klemperer, EMI
Brahms: Sextets, Stuttgart Ens., Naxos
Bach: Goldberg Variations (1955), Gould, Sony
Brahms: Violin Sonatas, Perlman and Ashkenazy, EMI
Britten, War Requiem, Britten et.al., Decca

Big Honorable Mention:

Britten: Peter Grimes, Vickers, Colin Davis, Phillips

Kevin Sutton