From:
Paul Cornaby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:18:12 -0800

Edith Eisler of the following CD: Delius: The Four Violin Sonatas.
Tasmin Little, violin; Piers Lane, piano (Conifer Classics 75605 51315).
Ms. Eisler says, about the disc, "Tasmin Little's playing is beautiful:
technically effortless, tonally glorious, flexible, subtle, and deeply
expressive.  She has made a specialty of Delius' music and clearly has
a strong stylistic and emotional affinity for it.  Pianist Piers Lane
supports her splendidly."

I purchased the CD on the basis of the review (would you believe that it
popped out at me suddenly at, of all places, Tower Records?) After having
listened to the recording, I can endorse enthusiastically all that Eisler
says about the performance.  The sound is most excellent.  Either that or
my stereo system is naturally attuned to Delius, as is its owner.  I do
recommend the Tasmin performance for Delius lovers.

Paul