From:
Glenn Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 21:23:26 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

>2.  I can't read Bach's mind.  There's the public Bach and the domestic
>Bach and the "internal" Bach.  Each of these categories can be very
>different.  I can't guarantee that Bach never put erotic messages into his
>music; only Bach would know.  I do know that I feel I'm receiving erotic
>messages from Bach in, say, the Musical Offering.  It just could be "me",
>but it could also be Bach as well.

Well, ain't that kinda funny.  Whenever I listen the Bach's Double Violin
Concerto all kind of perverted thoughts run through my head.  Not that Mr.
Bach was thinking the same thoughts as I was of course.  Yet, hearing those
2 violins rubbing into each other (what's that musical term)? leaves me
wondering.  Could be that overly romantic interpretation that I'm hearing?
Then comes that slow movement--Is that foreplay?

Seriously though, I think it is ridiculous to judge Mr. Bach sexuality
by his deep religious beliefs.  Is could be safe to say that he did not
subscribe to Christian fundamentalism as interpreted today.  That Mr.
Bach could fuse the world he sees, the human and the divine and bring it
together in music, leaves it up to me to receive whatever "message" there
is.

Glenn