From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:47:15 -0300
I sent a e-mail to Philips asking them if the recording I was lloking for
(LP cover displaying the sultan with his arms pointing to the sky while
Scheherazade is flying in a disc or a carpet flying) is Kiril Kondrashin's
Concertgebow recording for Philips.  I've got a reply, which I reproduce
below:

   Dear Mr. Pereira
   Thanks for your interest in our CDs.
   To answer your question, the recording you're looking for is now
   available on CD in our SOLO series, 442 643-2.  Obviously, the cover
   is different, but  the performance is the same.

Thank you Carlos Veiga, who gave me the tip.  The CD incarnation of this
recording will be in my collection as soon as possible.  Anyway, I'd like
to hear opinions on the following recordings of the same piece:

- Sir Thomas Beecham's (EMI Great Recordings of the Century Edition).
- Karajan's (DG Galleria).

Thanks.

Wilson Pereira.