From:
Ian Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:39:16 +0000
Can any list members help?

I am due to give a day school on lieder soon.  I would like some visual
images to spice up the presentation of my lecture.  Does anyone know of
any good sources for such illustrations?

The sort of items I had in mind were:

(a) Portraits of the major composers of lieder - Schubert, Schumann, Wolf,
    Mahler, etc.
(b) Illustrations of lieder recitals during the composers' lifetimes
(c) Portraits of great lieder singers
(d) Illustrations of locations associated with lieder
(e) Any other suggestions that list members feel might be helpful

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful.

Ian Foster