From:
Jonathan Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:54:37 +0000
Aaron Rabushka wrote:

>Regrettably WRR (Dallas & vicinity) is going on another Neville Marriner
>kick--it seems that he's all I hear whenever I turn the station on.  With
>so many other (and more interesting) conductors and orchestras to pick from
>I wish that the station would exercise some more imagination.

This is not the first time in recent weeks that a list member has
seen fit to trash Marriner.  It is a pity that we should stoop to such
measures.  Marriner is a fine musician who has done much excellent work,
both in the concert hall and the recording studio.  That he does not appeal
to everybody on the list is regrettable, but no excuse for such unjust -
and unfounded - remarks.  If we are going to be critical - let us at least
try to be constructive.  A blanket condemnation does little to promote
informed debate.

Jonathan