From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:17:29 -0800
Patrick:

>Is there anybody, who know more on CD's or live recordings of BRAHMS op.
>34b for two pianos?

The version I have is on Calig, with pianists with pianists Uriarte
and Mrongovius, coupled with the two-piano version of Reger's Mozart
variations.

>I'm also interested in having details on the pianos used (because of the
>incredible differences, clarity of parts)

I don't know anything about the pianos they use, but I find the recording
curiously unenlightening in terms of clarity of textures.  This is in
contrast with the two-piano version of the Haydn variations (another
recording by different pianists), it may be due to the performance or
the sound recording, I don't know.

Ulvi