Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 01:21:56 EST
From:
Patti Henningsen <[log in to unmask]>
I have two African ringnecked parakeets (very large parakeets) who are the
most impressive improvisationists I have heard.  Play Mozart or Beethoven
and they will improvise and do their own variations with the music as it
plays--as if they already know the piece.  It is absolutely uncanny.

I also have a cockatoo (named Mozart) who does a little waltz type dance
to the "Elvira Madigan" theme of Mozart (2nd mvt., piano concerto #21).
He will step from side to side to the beat and turn his head in a figure
eight.  Although I know that's really a cockatoo mating dance, he does
it particularly well to this piece and to the beat.

The list goes on..........

Patti Henningsen