Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:11:17 +0800
From:
Gilbert Chang <[log in to unmask]>
People tend to forget about insects when they talk about animals.  I don't
like insects, but I often find that mosquitos are quite sensitive to the
violin sound.  When I play the violin, it often drives out the mosquitos
from wherever they were hiding or resting.  A more staggering anecdote:
My violin sound once seemed to revive a dying roach!  It was in winter,
and there was a little roach lying upside down, motionless, on a corner of
my floor.  It had been lying there for at least half a day, but I left it
alone.  Yet as I started playing the violin, its legs started to move!  Of
course, I didn't wait to see if it would turn around and crawl again, but
got rid of it immediately.

Gilbert Chang