Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:47:56 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
I've been listening extensively to the Niels Gade string chamber pieces
on BIS which consist of two discs performed by the Kontra Quartet.  The
recordings and performances are excellent; the music is in the same league.

Gade is frequently compared to Mendelssohn.  I don't have any problem
with this except that I find Gade's string chamber music decidedly more
enjoyable than Mendelssohn's.  Anyone agree?

Don Satz