Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:12:11 -0500
From:
Jim Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
My Baker's Dictionary tells how Lully worked his way into the position of
being in charge of the Royal Academy of Music??  Anyhow, he could deny
others the priviledge of getting their works performed in France.

Back in Music History 101 I dimly recollect the prof telling how he (Lully)
was recipient of gifts from composers who wanted to write a work, singers
who desired to perform, musicians who wanted to play, theater owners who
wanted to stage productions etc,etc.  I can't remember if the claqquers
paid off also.

Maybe dealing your big toe a sffffzzzz blast with your directing cane was
sorta just deserts.

Oh, well, Glazanov is much better.  I'm listening to Raymonda right now.
Wonderful.

Jim