Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:53:36 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Although I have not watched the Academy Awards for many years, my wife and
I decided last night to give it a try.  I was surprised at the poor quality
of the music nominated for awards, particularly the "best song" category.
The only positive happening was when Andrea Boccelli sang one of the songs
and clearly made his female co-singer sound like a strident non-starter.

Is the music up for awards always as bad as this year? Those nominated
songs were so ordinary, reminiscent of past songs, sappy/syrupy, and so
repetitive that I find it hard to believe that the writers could possibly
have pride in their products.

Don Satz