Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 22:39:39 -0600
Hi all,

Yesterday I had the opportunity to remove an existing hive which made a
home with the top of a mulch bin.  On the way home, someone called with
another swarm call not 10 minutes from the first.  When I got there I
realized I was a box short and ended up combining the bees by
'bee'-vacuuming them directly into the other collected hive.

My question is, since the swarm seems content amongst each other and
there are two queens (or were) inside, when will the queen-battle
ensue?   Do they wait until they have a stake in their new hive (i.e.
until they're laying) and then kill off the other queen?  Or is there a
chance both queens will work the hive once(if) they get used to the
others smell?

Thanks for your replies.

Matthew Westall
       //        Earthling Bees