HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
ned heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:32:14 -0400
Ron:

The issue, as I saw  it, was the study value of a specimen to be
preserved, not the technicality of Section 106. The U S and Britain
spread these metal buildings all over the world, and they are all
part of our history, regardless of who owns them now. The ones still
in situ that have been adapted, and the ones on farms, have a history
beyond World War II that is arguably just as significant as their
wartime history.

Adaptation over time is a component of context, unavoidable if the
buildings in question are part of a functioning installation.

--
* Grass clippings this *