HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 13:24:01 -0400
I think branding of cattle and hogs (occasionally) was practiced in South
Carolina, esp. the Piedmont, from the 18th century on forward--it worked
with those communal cow pens they used, such as those involved in the noted
Revolutionary War Battle of Cowpens.  But this is ringing only a faint
bell--can any one down in SC help out?