HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Roc H. Indermill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 07:21:41 -0600
Marsha.ES.070799.USGS GNIS and Electric City, from Roc

Marsha and others,

    I found two places named Electric City using Bali Online
< http://www.indo.com/cgi-bin/dist?place1=electric+city%2Cnj&place2= >,
courtesy of Darrell Kindred. I assume that he is the Web master for this
Web site.  That inofrmation is copied below.

Electric City, Washington, US

     County: Grant County
     Location: 47:55:49N 119:02:10W
     Population (1990): 910
     Elevation: 1655 feet

Electric City, Texas, US

     County: Hutchinson County
     Location: 35:42:37N 101:24:45W
     Elevation: 2796 feet

    The United States Geological Survey (USGS) provides an opportunity
to inquire about place names on-line at  its Geographic Names
Information Systems (GNIS) Web page.  You might try searching for
Electric City on that Web page
<http://mapping.usgs.gov/www/gnis/gnisform.html>.  Unfortunately, there
have been difficulities connecting with it for that past couple of days.

Best regards, Roc