HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Wayne Neighbors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 09:13:14 -0400
Dear Geoff (and others),

I received these for many months at different email addresses so my
suspicion was that (Yair) had a bulk email program and was obtaining
(purchasing?) email address collections for his software program.

Apparently just replying that you don't want what he sends does not work.

I also tried questioning the accuracy of certain statements and got back
much longer messages!

I tried time after time to stop this before I did what seems to have worked
for me.

I finally tried sending a short "reply" with the statement that I was a
Christian, and though I respected his right to think whatever (Yair) might
wish, it was unsolicited, I had no interest, and he was not about to convert
me.

Then the email ceased on my end for all my email accounts.  That was over a
month ago.

Not replying is the same as replying in protest - they keep coming.

I suggest you try what I finally tried.

1) reply directly to the email address in Israel, 2) state the firmness of
your convictions (short statement) if you are religions, and  3) tell (Yair)
that you intend to just delete all his future messages without reading them.

By the way, the server he is on can handle but so many messages.  I had to
repeat this several times before I ceased receiving the server reply that
the it was overloaded.

It worked for me.  Glad to learn I am not the only person that has been on
his "list."

Wayne Neighbors, Ph.D.
President, Vee Ring Ltd
http://anthro.org/