From:
Steve Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:17:38 -0500
There are still a few occupied bee trees in this area (western West
Virginia) and one of the largest swarms I captured this year came from a
house in town that is said to have been there for many years. AFB is not a
problem here so this may help.
Speaking of small cell size, I noticed my older hives without queen
excluders move up into new honey supers as I add them through the summer.  I
know this could be from many reasons but wonder if bees do prefer newer
comb.

Steve Davis