From:
Harry Goudie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 21:23:42 +0100
Harry Goudie,
Lochluichart, Scotland.
Knitwear Page: http://freespace.virgin.net/luichart.woollens/
-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 02 October 1998 14:05
Subject: Re: Effects of Bayvarol and Apistan on Acarine (Dr Max Wa

>>He is also putting methylsalicylate into his hives ...
>>
>No comment, except it's dangerous and illegal.

Hi All,
This business of ILLEGAL chemicals in the beehive has set me thinking.  I
would think that it would depend on whether the produce of the hive was
offered for sale to the general public and even what products were being
offered.  There is an apiary near here, for example,  which produces wax
rather than honey.
In the Scottish Beekeeper (August) there was a translation of the German
instructions for the use of bayvalol in which it states:
Only honey which has been very finely filtered and with all traces of
foaming removed should be offered for sale
Comb honey and chunk honey may NOT be offered for sale as food!
It would seem to me that that is a strong case for making BAYVAROL an
illegal substance!!!