From:
"Sr. Monica Ryan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 09:55:19 +0100
I am most grateful to the many people who responded to my
question/problem re the 'Bad temper colony and its requeening with a
queen of a gentler nature'.  It was at the Beekeepers' Summer School in
Gormanstown College near Drogheda in County Louth, Ireland, that we
learned about the discussion Group on the Internet.  My knowledge of the
Internet is nil, but Sr. Monica (who is also into beekeeping) helps out
here!  She supplies me with the printouts.

We enjoy all the queries and responses - all very useful and at times
light-hearted.  If I'm not a 'proper' Beekeeper by the end of the year
I'll give up!!

it is about 30 miles north of Dublin on the East coast.  Incidentally,
Gormanstown, which is the venue for the annual Summer School in July
each year, in a Franciscan owned Boys Boarding School, is about 25 miles
north of Dublin. Beekeepers from all over Eire, as well as many from
England, Europe and on occasion from U.S.A., gather there for a week.
It is a time not to be missed.

Again, thanks to all who took the time to share their knowledge with
us.  Watch out for some more questions!!  Maybe some time I will be able
to resond to some of the topics raised.

Sr. Catherine Duffy and  Sr. Monica Ryan