HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:31:27 +0100
Wayne Neighbors wrote:

> As a citizen of the United States - by the birth of my parents and
> myself - unless Puerto Rico begin paying US federal taxes in exchange
> for the US taxpayer funded benefits they received - Food Stamps,
> Supplemental Security Income, etc., etc., etc. - I am totally for
> Puerto Rico supporting itself and determining their own destiny.

<snip>

My!  Now that was a reaction and a half.

I realise that I can occasionally be a little too self-consciously
controversial for my own good, but I _was_ joking.  The phrase "my
tongue is firmly in cheek" was just the teensiest hint.

As to my national affiliation, I am of course, as many of you know, a
left-handed Lithuanian dentist of mixed Swazi and Tuvan parentage, and
from now on I shall be careful to restrict the targets of my humour to
mixed-race citizens of the Baltic States.  Politically, I am the leader
of the Truly Vicious Black Friday Afternoon Marxist Revolutionary
Party For The Reunification of Gondwanaland, (or TVBFAMRPFTROG for
short) and this obviously colours the overtly political nature of my
HISTARCH posts.

Gondwanaland Forever!

Alasdair Brooks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alasdair Brooks
Department of Archaeology
University of York
King's Manor
York
YO1 7EP
England, UK
phone: 01904 433931
"The Buffalo tastes the same on both sides of the border"
Sitting Bull