HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:56:26 -0700
Further on anthropologists and the WWII internment of Japanese-
Americans.

The late Edward H. Spicer, who was, I believe, a conscientious
objector during WWII, was assigned to one of the internment
camps, one in Arizona, if I remember correctly.  See the following:

United States. War Relocation Authority.
Impounded People, Japanese-Americans in the Relocation Centers.
Washington, U. S. GPO, 1946.  ("Prepared by E. H. Spicer, head,
Community analysis section, and other members of the section.")

United States. War Relocation Authority.
Impounded People, Japanese-Americans in the Relocation Centers.
Tucson, University of Arizona Press, 1969.  ("Written in 1946 as one
of the final reports of ... the War Relocation Authority.")

Mike Jacobs
Mike Jacobs, Archaeological Collections Curator
Arizona State Museum            Tel:    520.621.6312, 621.4609
University of Arizona               Fax:    520.621.2976
P.O. Box 210026                          email:  [log in to unmask]
Tucson, AZ 85721-0026           www: http://w3fp.arizona.edu/asm/
The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect
 those of the Arizona State Museum nor the University of Arizona.