HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Meta Janowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:33:13 -0400
Anna --
For my own work, what I try to do is describe things as completely
as possible without using specific labels but I also refer to types
like Astbury as examples.  Of course, this can be a problem on
projects where there is no time/money for extensive descriptions.
But I think that we are still in the information gathering stage of
ceramic analysis and it is too early to assign terms.
 Meta