HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Arnott, Sigrid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:48:04 -0500
Carl Steen wrote:
>By
>the way, after watching techs and supervisors trowel brick rubble for many
hours I rejected the use of the Harris Matrix.

I missed something here. What is the relationship between the mode of
excavation and the theoretical conclusion. Can't we use backhoes or
shovels and the Harris system?

By the way, for me, the most useful aspect of the Harris Matrix is to
translate spatial relationships into chronological ones.

Sigrid Arnott
Historical Archaeologist
Minnesota Historical Society