HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Margan Grover/Dan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:07:06 -0900
community, and queries recommending more specifics, here's a list of
three of the bottle seal embossed marks. "CHATEAU LAFITTE",  "PREMIERE
GRAVE. BORDEAUX. L'HERMITON", and "HAUT SAUTERNES. L&L&Co".
as well, unfortunately I don't have access to them right now. I'll try
to get them tommorrow. If you have any info. on those as well, I'd be
indebted. I spent a whole afternoon in the index to anthro. lit. and
didn't find much to help.
By the way, we did recover a marked Russian bottle seal, dated 1815,
which was cause for considerable excitement. The international flavor of
this isolated early 19th century port in the North Pacific is
remarkable. Thanks,
Daniel Thompson
Castle Hill Archaeological Project