HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brent Handley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 14:03:50 EST
Greetings,

Pardon the cross posting.

I am conducting research on the use of bone in manufacturing during the mid to
late ninetieth century.  The assemblage I am working with has buttons, combs,
and game pieces made out of a large mammal's long bone.  Along with these
artifacts, scraps and seconds were also identified.  What I'm looking into is
how they were manufactured (techniques and tools), and what animal(s)/body
parts were used.  The assemblage comes from features associated with a prison
workshop, a comparison with other assemblages should make for an interesting
report on the archaeology of work.

If anyone knows of any research pertaining to this topic I would appreciate
the reference.

Cheers,

Brent M Handley