From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:23:59 -0700
At 08:14 AM 9/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>These familys need a chance to make a living and it will
>not happen at $ .62 per pound. Thank you very much.
>Best regards
>Roy Nettlebeck<

>The nearest packer to upstate NY, where I am, is in New Hampshire.  I would
>say a medium size packer...but might be a small packer.  Regardless, he was
>reported as offering $.57 a pound for 7,500 pounds of 1998 crop.  Not
>certain of the grade involved.

That might be good as I know of one honey producer that was happy to sell
600 drums of Sage-Wild Buckwheat honey to a co-op early this month for
$00.52 cutting the price they were paying by over .05 cents. Sure can't
make a case of honey producers cutting anything but each other throats.

>I have heard some talk of legal action against packers re. price
>fixing...but this might be "just talk".

I don't believe that at all as most honey packers seem to hate each other
and would never get together long enough to fix any thing.

IMHO, the OLd Drone

For the latest and greatest honey market news
http://beenet.com/bnews.htm