From:
Steve Otrembiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:34:23 -0500
I would like  my $.02 to this thread....I consider myself an organic farmer
growing vegetables without the use of synthesized fertilizers and
pesticides.

I have not found a description of "organic honey" in the NOFA (Northeast
Organic Farmers Association) certification manual.  I think this is because
there is no way to control the areas where the bees forage consequently
there is no way to determine if they were in area where pesticides have
been sprayed.. I Agree with David, we would be hard pressed to find any
part of the world untouched by pesticides and pollution that "may" effect
our honey.

In the meantime I do whatever I can to keep my honey as pure as possible.
If anyone can find certification standards for organic honey or has better
ideas to ensure the "organic quality" of honey I am eager to learn about
it.

                                                        Steve

Steve Otrembiak

DON'T CONFUSE ACTIVITY WITH RESULTS