From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:48:38 -0700
Its a free country and all is fair when it comes to selling "killer" bees
to the public. We sell newspapers, BS,  (bee science), beekeeper
regulation, cheep farm chemicals that may or may not work at inflated
prices, and now comes another effort to sell poorly designed bee veils. IMHO.

It just boils my blood every time I see fancy bee ads in our bee journals
relating honey, or good beekeeping to farm chemicals and I have for a long
time felt sold out by these publishers who have played a big part in the
hooking of beekeepers on farm chemicals which alone is bad enough but just
the sight of a jar of pure honey and a pesticide strip shows how low we
have all got to allow that use of the good name of pure honey without
beekeeper rebellion. Sure I let my own subscriptions run out but feel I am
the loser by doing so and not the publishers as what's one more lost
subscription they have been going down for years and they still have the
advertising revenues and less publishing costs.

Well now its hit me again, some outfit from Roanoke VA, selling bee vails
and using the super hyped newspaper story's on the "killer" bees to do it
that I have used myself in the Killer Bee & Worm Journal to illustrate the
hype being used to sell newspapers and mislead the public on the danger of
bee keeping. I guess that's the way it is, but I for one will never buy a
bee veil from the "Sting Shield Company", they look like a real rip off
anyway, IMHO. If you have not seen their web site here it is, its a good
one, I won't mention which part did not function but for up to date bee
disaster news and nice maps and graphics give it a hit. Interesting to note
that several bee cop sites link here must be they are happy customers or
maybe something more sinister:

http://www.intrlink.com/users/stingshield/default.html

ttul, the OLd Drone
Los Banos California

For the good bee news
plus the bad surf over to:
http://beenet.com

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!