From:
Rune Stenseth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:36:47 +0200
Greetings everybody, and thanks for such an informative discussion group.

We received our first 4 hives 2 weeks ago, and today we found one of our
newly acquired cat a few meters behind the hives, stiff as a log. There was no
outer
sign of violence or anything other wrong, its tongue was sticking out, but eyes
closed
and very peacefully dead. She was about 16 weeks old.

Question is; can cats die from bee stings? If she played with some near the
front of the hive, maybe several stung here, and this was tro much?

Anybody has any experience with cats or other animals close to hives? May they
become
allergic?

Best Regards

Rune Stenseth