Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 23:39:15 EDT
According to Computer Software Solutions Ltd:

.. . . .

> Then I got to thinking - why not cut out a section of the veil and sew in or
> otherwise affix, a rectangle of heavy plastic or other transparent material
> just in front of the eyes. Then it should be much easier to see eggs, mites
> etc. instead of looking through the gauze.
>
> I have never heard of such a modification so maybe there is a practical
> problem associated with it.
>
> Any comments will be appreciated.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Tom Barrett

I once saw such a veil in a display of unusual beekeeping
equipment at a beekeepers' meeting.  It had a rectangular
plexiglas window attached with Velcro to the screen in front of
the eyes.  It also had a zipper in the cloth mesh under the
chin to allow the wearer to sip a drink through a straw, or
whatever, without having to remove the veil.  It had been made
by a company called Les Gestions Voilec in the Province of
Quebec, Canada.  I was curious if it was still being produced
or is available, but have not been able to find out anything.
It would seem to facilitate easier vision, and the Velcro would
allow for replacement when the plastic gets scratched.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make one if they are not
currently on the market. . .

Regards,

Fred