From:
Robert MacKimmie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:49:39 -0700
We just had a harvest festival at the San Francisco Farmer's Market and a
few extra bee people were invited. Someone with a travelling observation
hive, three or four frames high and the mysteries is that there have been two
laying queens in that observation hive since they were at the Apple Festival
months ago. They were both going about their business just a frame apart.

Is this a new trend in monarchies?
The latest social bee fad?
Is every hive suppose to have two queens and we have been doing it wrong?

Solid proof of the beekeeper's axiom: "The more I know, the less I know."