From:
Don Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 06:57:53 -0700
Dear Bee Buddies,

I have been lurking on this list for several months now.  I am a 1st grade
teacher in Mariposa, CA near Yosemite NP.  I just found out that I cannot
have an active observation hive in my rural classroom due to insurance
reasons.  There is a fear that a child will be stung and have a severe
reaction.

We have been doing an extensive study of the honeybee throughout the year,
and I now have 21 little bee experts who have a great respect and fondness
for the little creatures.  My plan was to culminate the study by activating
a hive in the classroom so that the kids could see first hand all of the
behaviors that they have been studying.  We would then turn around and
invite other classes in to educate them.

However, now I must revert to plan B o C.  Plan B would be to have a local
(Central Vall
Don Rose
Mariposa, Ca