From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 10:55:38 -0400
Tom S says, "I find that thoroughly mixing it (Fumidil-B) with dry sugar
first does the trick."

I will try this as it sounds like a good idea.  This past summer I told the
owner of Mid-Con that I found the label very confusing.  I do not have it
right here, but I believe it calls for first dissolving the product in cold
water...and it will not dissolve in cold water.  Years ago I heard that the
secret was to use warm water and have been doing so ever since without
difficulty.

He replied that he had not looked at the label in several years, but the
water should be about 115 degrees F (46 C).  He said that it would be a
major task and involve the expenditure of a reasonable amount of money to
get a simple change like this through the FDA!  He also said that at about
150 degrees F (66 C), the temperature would start to degrade the active
ingredient.

Lloyd
Owner, Ross Rounds(tm)  the finest in comb honey production.