HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeanne Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:30:52 +0000
Back in the late 70s I was working on slave cabins at Kings Bay, Georgia
with Bill Adams.  A gentleman from Claxton arrived and asked to assist with
his dowsing rod.  After being given a quite detailed tour he attached a
piece of tabby to his rod and managed to "find" walls in the exact locations
he had just been shown.

During a subsequent conversation he was asked what people in Claxton do for
a living.  His reply: "We make fruitcakes."

Other the other side, however, I have seen a coathanger easily and obviously
find natural gas pipelines.

Jeanne A. Ward, RPA
President/Principal Investigator
Applied Archaeology and History Associates, Inc.
Annapolis, MD  21401
(410) 224-3402
FAX (410) 224-3470