HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Philip Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 23:43:53 -0400
Sorry--it is so. I saw an interview with EF Genovese in a mag called
something the The New Confederate, or some such thing. Anyway, it was full
of ads for "Heritage Not Hate" and other South-will-rise-again items. She
was lamenting some of the great qualities lost with the old south and other
Limbaugh-esque-isms. I though the whole thing was a bit off the mark vis a
vis the Genoveses' academic reputations.  So I asked the wife of a grad
student of theirs that I knew and some other faculty members. They confirmed
the whole thing and made it seem like I was the last to know. Bye bye Karl,
Hello Pat! Will this be a trend in Hist Arch?