HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:03:45 +0100
>  I am a junior majoring in historic preservation at Mary Washington College.
> I have found the listings interesting and informative.
>  I was wondering if anyone out there can throw me some career directions.  I
> love my major and everything that we study (I think I am going to concentrate
> in the architecture) but I don't know what "real life" jobs are really
> available.  Just wondering if anyone could help, after all, I can't think of a
> better group of people to ask.

might recommend boning up on your foreign languages, keeping an eye on different

architectural styles, and considering the possibility of at least a temporary
migratory existence for some time here in europe - where there are, face it, a
hell of a lot more historical buildings, generally tougher zoning and other
codes, and... depending upon what country you just happen to be visiting at the
time, better cheese/beer/wine/pastry or whatever than you could ever find at
home...

geoff carver
http://home.t-online.de/home/gcarver/