HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Giacobbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 15:20:07 -0400
Hi Gilda,

The contents of the can in question is lard, or animal fat.
I worked in New Mexico for years, and those folks loved their lard
out there, and I have found several varieties of such products associated
with temporary campsites, especially related to the cattle industry
(riding the range sort of thing).  I have more information at home
concerning the date of this brand of can, so email me if you want
the whole scoop about this delicious product (that was sarcasm).

Take It Easy,

John A. Giacobbe
Stantech Consultants
Phoenix, Arizona