HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 12:55:32 EST
Gee, I wonder if this is yet another one of those wonderful
university position where you are asked to run a contract archaeology
research program, bring in lots of money, support grad students,
provide tons of overheads for your dean, teach several courses, sit
on a zillion committees, and, oh yeah, they don't pay you anything or
guarantee your position if the contracts run out. Been there. Done
that. Come to think of it. I still am doing that. Isn't academe
wonderful?

PS. I hope I'm wrong about this position, but it kind makes me wonder
why Elizabeth resigned from this sterling opportunity.

Dan Mouer