HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"K. Kris Hirst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:22:34 -0500
Hi guys:
Throwing my two cents here; all Ned's suggestions for increasing
readibility and access to our technical reports are good, but I disagree
with the use of the "Flesch test" and [horrors!] the computer grammar
checker Microsoft has so obligingly offered us. Hire an editor!, and pay
attention to what s/he says. There are plenty of them, and a lot of them do
it by contract.
kris (fully admitting my writerly/editorial leanings)
Kris Hirst
Office of the State Archaeologist
The University of Iowa
<http://archaeology.miningco.com>